Week 1: January 9-15
In week 1, participants will get acquainted with the each other, the moderator, the platform, get accounts for the tools, and team up. They will introduce themselves through a Voki Avatar and Voicethread. They will discuss collaborative learning and peer learning and start the process of teaming up using Padlet.
Watch and Learn How to Complete the Tasks of Week 1
They will choose a curation wall and create a video tutorial outlining how they created the wall and how they intend to use it, publish the video (MP4) to YouTube or Vimeo and share the link with the members of the session.
Choose a Curation Wall
We are here to help and support you.
Please click on the "start a new discussion topic, add a title and add your message. Don't forget to save your message.
- Receive a grade
Get a free account on Voki, create a character, and use your voice or choose a voice from the list of voices to introduce yourself by creating a Voki avatar. Share the link of your Voki introduction in this discussion forum and reply to at least one other participant.
- Receive a gradeIntroduce yourself using audio or video by hitting the plus sign. Click on the image to add your voicethread.
After adding your voice to Voicethread, respond to the following questions:
- How was the experience of adding a voice on Voicethread?
- How would you use Voicethread for learner collaboration with your students?
- Share an activity and explain how students would benefit from the collaboration.
- Receive a grade
- Click on the image of this Padlet wall to start the teaming up process. You will need to get a free teacher account on Padlet and log in so we can see your name as you fill in your details.
- Choose a group