Week 1: January 9 - 15
Getting acquainted with the each other, the course layout, and the tools
Lead Moderator: Nellie Deutsch
In week 1, participants will
- become familiar with the course layout
- get acquainted with the other members of TEFL2YL EVO23
- get acquainted with the tools:
- Voki https://voki.com
- Kahoot Challenge https://kahoot.com
- Wakelet, Miro, Mural, Conceptboard, Ideaboardz, Jamboard, Padlet, Popplet, Notion
- Screencast-o-matic, LOOM, Flip, Awesome Screenshot, Vimeo, Edpuzzle, TechSmith Capture
- Annoto social engagement with videos throughout the course.
- read current research-based articles, annotate, and take notes using Amanote (https://amanote.com
- discuss challenges involved in teaching EFL to young learners
- create activities based on the tools
Week 1: Video Tutorial on How to Get the Tasks Done
Get a free account, try out, and then choose one curation wall and one screen video recorder from the list:Curation Walls
Remember to reply to at least one other participant.
- Receive a gradeRead the two articles on the use of Kahoot and Voki in the language classroom and create an activity for your young learners based on Voki and Kahoot Challenge (10 questions). Add the two activities to your chosen Curation wall/board and share the link of the curation wall/board in this discussion forum.
Reply to at least one other participant's activity.