Abstract: Learning is fun when it is social. In this session, participants will learn how to engage students in collaborative team-based learning in and out of the classroom using their computers and/or smart phones. The focus will be on Google drive and Audio (OTT-O-Matic and Kaizena ) Add-ons (Text, Spreadsheet, Forms, Slides, Jamboards), curation tools (Miro, Ideaboardz, Mural, Conceptboard, Padlet, Wakelet, Popplet), VoiceThread, Nearpod, Edpuzzle, Quizlet, Kahoot, Voki, Screen recorders (Flipgrid, Vimeo, Screencast-o-matic, LOOM, Edpuzzle), Canva, Notion, Book Creator, Video Ant, Amanote, and other tools that enhance student collaboration.
Weekly digital badges and a final certificate will be available for participants who complete the tasks.
- English language teachers of every age group
- Faculty and teacher training staff
- By the end of this session, participants will have learned about and practiced using audio, video, images, and text tools for student collaboration.
- By the end of the session, participants will have used Screen recorders (Flipgrid, Vimeo, Screencast-o-matic, LOOM, Edpuzzle), Google Drive and Audio (Kaizena and Otto-o-matic) Add-Ons (text, slides, forms, and sheets), curation tools (Wakelet, Miro, Ideaboardz, Mural, Conceptboard, Popplet, and Padlet), and other tools such as Nearpod, Voki, Kahoot, Canva, Book Creator, Video Ant, Amanote, and Quizlet.
- By the end of the session, participants will have created collaborative learning activities for their English language learners (ELL) in and out of the classroom.
- Flipgrid https://flipgrid.com/d312bb5f
- Vimeo https://vimeo.com
- Screencast-o-matic https://screencast-o-matic.com
- Voki https://www.voki.com
- Voicethread https://voicethread.com
- Canva https://www.canva.com
- Wakelet https://wakelet.com
- Miro https://miro.com
- Padlet https://padlet.com
- Popplet https://app.popplet.com
- Mural https://www.mural.co
- Ideaboardz https://ideaboardz.com
- Google Jamboards https://jamboard.google.com
- Conceptboard https://app.conceptboard.com
- Quizlet https://quizlet.com
- Kahoot https://kahoot.com
- Nearpod https://nearpod.com/
- Edpuzzle https://edpuzzle.com
- Google (docs, slides, forms) https://drive.google.com
- Add-Ons Kaizena (Google Word doc ) https://www.kaizena.com and OTT (Google Slides) https://ott-o-matic.com
- Google Jamboards https://jamboard.google.com/
- Google Meet https://meet.google.com/
- Jitsi (on and off Moodle) https://jitsi.org/jitsi-meet/
- ZOOM https://zoom.us
- Answergarden https://answergarden.ch
- Notion https://www.notion.so
- Book Creator https://bookcreator.com
- Video Ant https://ant.umn.edu/welcome
We are here to help and support you.
Please click on the "start a new discussion topic, add a title and add your message. Don't forget to save your message.
- ForumModerators Forum