Week 4: January 30 - February 5
In week 4, participants will:
- Discuss the challenges of keeping your students engaged online.
- Learn how to bring a book to life with improvisational play online (via Zoom) or face to face.
- Actively engage in an online group reading /improvisational play activity via Zoom
Watch the replay, as we kick off TEFL2YL Week 4
Bringing A Book to Life with improvisational play online!
- View Start discussions: 1
After you attend the kick off Zoom for this Week 4 or have watched the replay, create only one discussion in the forum and reflect:
- What do you expect to learn this week?
- What would you like to learn this week?
- When is the best time & day, for you, between February 1 - 5 to do the Mandatory Interactive Zoom Meeting? (Please make sure you include your time zone in your preference of date & times)
- ForumChallenges to an online classroom (remember to add to one other person's discussion) Forum
What are the challenges involved in reading books to young learners (or older learners) and engaging them with books in an online classroom?
Remember to open only ONE Discussion Topic thread per participant and
you must give a thoughtful reply to one other person to complete.
Do not copy and paste! Think! Reflect! Add to the discussion!
- FolderResources for choosing a book to Reading Aloud (Reading Material) Folder
- ForumStory Choices Forum
Please post in this discussion thread only one story that you think might be a good choice for your group's reading & improvisation. Be careful not to choose a book that is based on a level English (i.e. a Level Reader).It should be age appropriate not level appropriate. Remember this is a book the teacher or adult is sharing not a book the child is reading. I might suggest you choose a story you personally would love to hear. (Note: final choice for the group play will be made by the moderator based on your suggestions)
Explain why you think it is a good choice.
- Start discussions: 1 Receive a grade
You must post only one reflection on your group in the interactive Zoom.
This is graded (just if you did or didn't do it) for your badge.
✨There will be more than one interactive Zooms scheduled. If you missed the interactive Zoom session, please message me and I will try to schedule an additional session.